For this episode of the Memekast we check in with our Brooklyn, New York home base to bring you an all original mixture from the one and only MartyParty. We've really admired his DIY style of making, mixing, mastering, releasing and playing his own material and the amount of love that he shows for his fans. Never one to be outdone, he asked us what kind of mix we would like to hear. The choice between a "90bpm melodic, pretty mix" or a "140bpm purple rager" was an easy one for us. Full of original tracks, exclusive collaborations and sick remixes. We were more than excited when he agreed to be featured, let alone to be given multiple styles to choose from.
It’s all about experimentation and invention - that’s why I make music the way I do. The new tooling in digital music production allows me to sit alone in my room on my iMac with two KRK Rockit monitors and a subwoofer, and produce original music from the first chord, right through to mastering and release on the internet - in one day. This freedom and power make it easy to explore the limits of the audible sound spectrum, including sub bass, poly-melodic harmonics and sound design, with incredible speed, productivity and without complying to any convention. My mission is to change the way people think about electronic music and to bring the art of musical composition back into popular music. My dream is that I inspire others to do the same. We live in a digital world, I’m not interested in emulating anything that has been done before.
This year has been very busy for Marty. From his seemingly non-stop touring schedule to his recent string of releases including the latest Young Pimp Volumes 1-5 series. Showcasing music that Marty has made starting from 2005 through the present. With another album Six Shots of Jameson due out around Christmas. We have it on good authority that he may be some sort of hybridized cyborg entity sent to Earth to destroy any sub-woofers that get in his way.
You can also expect to see him on his 50 stop US and Canadian tour, beginning February and running through April of 2012. It's definitely a high energy auditory extravaganza worth experiencing.
- To book MartyParty contact
- For press or publicity contact
- For all other questions email
- Follow MartyParty on Facebook: facebook.com/martyparty
- Follow MartyParty on Twitter: twitter.com/martypartymusic
memekast mk063 » 14 December 2011 » MartyParty
- MartyParty- Just Because Of You
- Crime Mobb - Knuck If You Buck
- MartyParty and Mimosa - No Names
- PANTyRAiD - JailBait
- MartyParty - Bully
- PANTyRAiD - Superior
- MartyParty - Lookin For Trouble
- MartyParty - Hard In Da Paint Remix (feat. Waka Flaka Flame)
- MartyParty and Mimosa - Skate
- MartyParty - Trick Quit Talking
- MartyParty - We Know Who We Are
- MartyParty and Minnesota (DeathStar) - Adele Rolling In The Deep Remix
- MartyParty - I Need You
- PANTyRAiD - Dirty Vegas Lil White Doves Remix
- DeathStar - Wiz Khalifa On My Level Remix
- MartyParty - Im The Shit Bitch
- Travis Porter - Make It Rain
- Flux Pavilion - Bass Cannon
- MartyParty - Pretty Thoughts